Some days you just have to get stuff done. Some days, no matter how much you want to slow down, you have to run ahead.
There are groceries that need to be bought, dishes that need to be done, clothes that need to be washed, meals that need to be made.
There are school runs and overflowing inboxes. There are class projects and book parades. There are dentist appointments and kids sports.
There is the never ending to do list.
Some days you face it all with a spring in your step and the sun in your voice, other days you drag yourself through.
Today, I have no choice but to move when I’d rather stand still. I don’t want to drag myself around, but there is certainly no spring in my step. I’m reaching a compromise. I am doing all that I need to and I am doing it slowly, calmly, and perhaps slower again.
Then at 7pm I am tucking my kids into bed, kissing their gorgeous faces and lying on the couch with my blanket and my book before sleeping, solidly and soundly all night long. That is my plan.
Fruit and Seeds Breakfast Muffins
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- 8 medjool dates, seeds removed
- juice of two oranges
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 175°C or 350°F
- Place all of the ingredients into your processor and pulse until well combined, finely chopped and sticking together.
- Press the mixture firmly into mini muffin holes and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool in the tray before moving to a cooling rack. Eat and enjoy.