Those three little letters carry a very heavy load.
It is the name given to the lady who raised me. The lady who carried me inside her, birthed me and who has kissed me more than any other. The lady who has held my hand through every stage of my life.
It is the name that I now bear and it is thrown around my house hundreds of times a day. The name that says those precious little faces are mine and I am theirs.
It is the word that reminds me of my Gran and of the women who have walked into my world and loved me. Who have treated me like a daughter.
It is the word that makes me think of the many women I have met in fertility clinic waiting rooms. The many women who long to carry and birth a child of their own. The many women who will not experience all that they hoped for. The many women for whom I wish nothing but pure happiness and peace.
It is a word that can hold so much sorrow for the Mother’s that have passed. For the children who are raising children and raising themselves without the unconditional love and the guidance of the one who raised them.
It is three little letters and it is so much more than that.
Fruit and Nut Chocolate Clusters
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, gently melted
- 3 tablespoons cacao or cocoa
- 1 well rounded tablespoon honey*
- the cluster
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 3 tablespoons natural pistachios, roughly chopped**
- Once you have gently melted the coconut oil pour it into a large, room temperature mug.
- Add the cacao or cocoa and mix to combine.
- Add the honey and mix well to combine.
- Spoon dessert spoonfuls of the chocolate mixture into mini muffin moulds. I made 9.
- Top each chocolate with a sprinkling of the raisins, berries and pistachios. Gently press the topping into the chocolate.
- Place in the fridge to set.
*you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.
**you can sub the nuts with desiccated coconut or a mix of sunflower and pumpkin seeds.