July has been a tricky month for me. I wasn’t feeling well for the bulk of it and I have been beyond eager to reach the 36 week mark. However, just before the month ended I thankfully started having better days. My symptoms were a little less consistent and my mind shifted to a brighter space.
So now I’m back to enjoying the nights on the couch with my husband, the walks around the block with my son and cuddling under the blanket as I read with my daughter.
It is only a matter of weeks until my precious one arrives and I’m not going to fill this time with impatience or worry.
I’m going to live in the moment and I’m going to focus on making that moment beautiful.
Free From Muesli
- 2 cups quinoa flakes
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon natural concentrated vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 175°C or 350°F
- Line a tray with baking paper.
- Place the ingredients into a medium sized bowl in the order listed and mix to combine.
- Once the quinoa flakes and desiccated coconut are well coated spread the mixture evenly over your lined tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and use a spoon to gently stir the mixture around the tray.
- Bake for a further 6 minutes or until lovely and golden.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely before storing.