Four Ingredient Chocolate Fudge Cake
- 400 grams dark chocolate, roughly broken into pieces*
- 1 cup of full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 4 eggs, bring to room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 150°C or 300°F
- Grease and line a loaf tin. Mine measures 19.5cm x 9.5cm.
- Bring a jug full of water to the boil.
- Place the chocolate, coconut milk and maple syrup into a medium sized saucepan and continually stir over low heat until the chocolate has melted and the ingredients are well combined. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs until the yolk and white are well combined. Stir the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into you prepared loaf tin. Place the loaf tin in a deep roasting dish. Pour the hot water into the roasting dish until the water level is half way up the sides of the loaf tin.
- Bake for one hour.
- Leave to cool to room temperature then place in the fridge overnight. Room from the tin. Slice. Serve. Enjoy!
*I use 70% dark chocolate for this cake.
note – this recipe originally had 1 tablespoon of coconut flour but I no longer worry about adding that. This is why you will see flour mentioned in the comments but not in the recipe.
If you are enjoying the recipes be sure to check out the books. I hope you find something you love. With thanks, B x