Four Ingredient Chocolate Fudge Cake
- 400 grams dark chocolate, roughly broken into pieces*
- 1 cup of full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 4 eggs, bring to room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 150°C or 300°F
- Grease and line a loaf tin. Mine measures 19.5cm x 9.5cm.
- Bring a jug full of water to the boil.
- Place the chocolate, coconut milk and maple syrup into a medium sized saucepan and continually stir over low heat until the chocolate has melted and the ingredients are well combined. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs until the yolk and white are well combined. Stir the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into you prepared loaf tin. Place the loaf tin in a deep roasting dish. Pour the hot water into the roasting dish until the water level is half way up the sides of the loaf tin.
- Bake for one hour.
- Leave to cool to room temperature then place in the fridge overnight. Room from the tin. Slice. Serve. Enjoy!
*I use 70% dark chocolate for this cake.
note – this recipe originally had 1 tablespoon of coconut flour but I no longer worry about adding that. This is why you will see flour mentioned in the comments but not in the recipe.