Simple. Delicious. Enjoy. x
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup dry roasted cashews*
- 1 cup dry roasted almonds*
- 2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 50 grams 90% dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 175°C or 350°F. Line a tray with baking paper.
- Place the almonds and cashews into your processor and blend at high speed until the mixture resembles a fine crumb. Add the cacao or cocoa, maple syrup, almond butter, vanilla and salt and blend until the mixture is well combined and sticking together. Mix through the chocolate chips.
- Use your hands to press and shape the mixture into balls, place the balls onto the tray and gently flatten. Bake the cookies for 12 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before gently transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Eat and enjoy!
*dry roasted nuts are readily available from the supermarket.