You’re four weeks old and already your hands are tightly wrapped around my heart.
Already I’m wondering how the world ticked on without your little grimaces and your perfect grunts and groans. How did it not know that you were missing? Perhaps it is because you arrived exactly when you needed to.
Your brother and sister adore you every bit as much as I do. It is as though you have always belonged, as though we had been waiting for you. It’s as if each of us needed you for our own reasons.
I’m completely exhausted. Overnight sleep is happening in very short fits and bursts, but you are calm and content and so full of wonder and beauty that I’m currently able to tolerate the sleepless nights in exchange for your heart melting smiles.
I can’t wait to see what the next four weeks bring my precious little one. Be easy on me!
Date and Walnut Cookies
- 1 cup walnuts
- 10 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 175°C or 350°F.
- Line a large tray with baking paper.
- Place the ingredients into your processor and blend at high speed until the mixture resembles a fine, sticky crumb. Use your hands to shape the mixture into a two firm balls. Place one ball on a large piece of baking paper and use a rolling pin to roll the mixture to your desired thickness. Mine are around 5mm.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut the cookies and place them onto the prepared tray. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes. Remove the tray from the oven and leave the cookies to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Eat and enjoy.
notes – I made 22 cookies. If the mixture isn’t coming together you can add 1 tablespoon of honey or rice malt syrup.