I often whip up a big batch of our Crispy Chicken Nuggets on Sunday’s because –
a. they are simple.
b. the little and the big love them.
c. they are great for school lunches.
I hope they work just as well at your place.
Crispy Chicken Nuggets
- 700 – 800 grams skinless chicken breast, largely diced
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 2 large eggs, quickly beaten with a fork
- 150 grams organic corn chips*
- coconut oil for cooking
- Place the corn chips into your food processor and pulse until they are finely crushed. Pour the chips into one bowl. Put the beaten egg into another bowl and the flour into a third bowl.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the flour to lightly coat, then into the egg and then into the corn chips. Once well coated heat a large frypan over medium heat. Add enough coconut oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Place the chicken pieces into the pan and cook each side until golden. Mine are fairly large and I cooked them for 8 minutes each side.
- Serve. Eat. Enjoy!
*the corn chips are readily available in the health food section of the supermarket and from health food stores.