note – this recipe requires high powered blending.
Coconut Mud Cake
- 4 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup honey*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- Preheat your oven to 175°C or 350°F. Grease and line a 20cm square or round cake tin.
- Place the desiccated coconut into your processor and blend at high speed until the coconut is turning to butter or a smooth thick paste. You will need a high power processor for this. If after a few minutes it doesn’t seem to be happening you can add a tablespoon or two of the coconut milk and see if that helps.
- Once the coconut is smooth add the remaining ingredients and blend to combine. Spoon the mixture into your prepared tin, it will be very thick. Use your hands to level the top.
- Bake the cake for 45 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out cleanly. Remove the cake from the oven and cool in the tin for 20 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Cool completely prior to cutting.
- Slice. Serve. Eat and enjoy.
*you can sub the honey with rice malt syrup if you prefer
If desired you can ice the cake with either of the icing outlined at the bottom of this (delicious!) recipe.