This is a quick thank you to the man who puts socks on my cold feet, who turns on my bedside light and tidies my chaotic fridge. The man who knows my fragile, sensitive ways and holds me together, makes me laugh louder and feel deeper. The man who accepts my simplicity and loves the same quirkiness that drives him to madness. The man who without, I feel incomplete. The man with whom I have had many ups and downs and will no doubt have many more. The man who, despite being my opposite, despite infuriating me at times, despite all the challenges, is the man who was meant for me.
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups desiccated coconut
- 2 – 3 teaspoons beetroot juice**
- Place the cashew butter, coconut oil and honey into a heat proof bowl and gently heat to soften the ingredients. Remove from the heat and mix the ingredients until well combined.
- Add this mixture to your processor along with the vanilla and desiccated coconut. Blend until the mixture is combined and sticking together. Remove two cups of the mixture from your processor and set aside. Add the beetroot juice to your processor and mix to combine.
- Press the white mixture firmly into the holes of a mini silicon muffin mould. Top the white layer with the pink layer and press firmly down. Place the coconut ice into the fridge to set.
- Serve. Eat. Enjoy.
*you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.
**You can use beetroot juice from tin beetroot, from your juicer or simply grate a small, peeled beetroot on the zesting side of your grater. Put a sieve over a small bowl, place the grated beetroot into the sieve and push down on it to release the juice.
notes – I used the slightly dampened end of my rolling pin to press the layers into the moulds, damp fingers work well too!