Christmas Bliss Balls
- 1 cup almonds (140 grams)
- 12 medjool dates, seeds removed (160 grams)
- 1/3 cup currants (50 grams)
- 1/3 cup raisins (50 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (5 grams)
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place all of the ingredients into your processor and blend at high speed until the mixture resembles a fine, sticky crumb. Firmly press and shape the mixture into balls. Place in the fridge to set.
- Eat and enjoy.
- Place the ingredients into the bowl and blend at speed 10 for 15 seconds. The mixture is ready when it does not crumble when you use your hands to press and shape it into a ball. It should be easy to work with. If the mixture has not yet come together add a tablespoon of water and blend at speed 10 for a further 5 seconds.
- Press and shape the mixture into balls. Place the balls in the fridge to set.
- Eat. Enjoy.
notes – I have made these with both natural almonds and dry roasted almonds and we loved both versions, I suggest using whichever you have on hand.
If you are enjoying the recipes be sure to check out the books. I hope you find something you love. With thanks, B x