Quick and Easy Chocolate Mug Cake
- 4 tablespoons almond meal
- 2 tablespoons honey*
- 2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa
- 1 – 2 tablespoons coconut cream**
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter or almond butter
- pinch of salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Place the ingredients into a bowl and mix until they are well combined. If desired, spoon the mixture into a heat proof mug or ramekin, you can also cook it in the bowl you mixed it in if the bowl is microwave safe.
- Sit a piece of paper towel or a plate in your microwave (a precaution only, mine has never overflowed), place the mug cake mixture on top of the paper towel or plate and cook for 80 seconds. Stopping if the cake starts to overflow. Remove the cake from the microwave, allow to cool slightly and tuck in.
*you can sub the honey with rice malt syrup if you prefer
**two tablespoon produces a more pudding like consistency. Delicious!
notes – cooking times may vary so you can stop and check this after 70 seconds and in some microwaves it may take 90 seconds.