- 3 tablespoons honey*
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons bicarb soda
- 150 grams dark chocolate, melted
- Grease and line a square 20cm tin with baking paper over-hanging the sides for easy removal of the honeycomb.
- Place the honey, followed by the coconut sugar, into a medium sized saucepan and stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Approximately 5 – 10 minutes. Once dissolved, bring the mixture to the boil. Let the mixture gently boil for two minutes without stirring.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the bicarb. Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and set aside. Once the mixture has cooled to room temperature place it into the fridge overnight.
- The following day line a loaf tin with baking paper. Mine measures 19.5cm x 9.5cm.
- Remove the honeycomb from the fridge and roughly chop it up. Place the honeycomb pieces into a large bowl. Drizzle over the melted chocolate and stir to combine. Press the mixture into your prepared tin and place in the fridge to set.
- Slice. Serve. Eat.
*you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.
note – the texture of this goes from crunchy to chewy. Almost like a cross between a crisp honeycomb and a toffee. We love it. I hope you enjoy it too.
If you are enjoying the recipes be sure to check out the books. I hope you find something you love. With thanks, B x