Simple. Delicious. Enjoy.
Chocolate and Raspberry Tart
- 1 cup hazelnuts*
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 10 medjool dates
- flesh of 1 ripe avocado
- 3 tablespoons cacao or cocoa
- 3 rounded tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 firmly packed cup of medjool dates, deseeded
- 1 cup of raspberries, frozen is fine.
- Place the base ingredients into your food processor and blend at high speed until the mixture is well combined.
- Press the base firmly into the base and sides of a pie dish and place in the fridge.
- To make the topping place all ingredients except for the raspberries into your food processor and blend until the mixture is well combined. Add the raspberries and pulse to combine. Spoon the topping over the base, level the top with the back of a spoon and place in the fridge or freezer to set and to store.
* to make this nut free sub the hazelnut meal with an extra cup of desiccated coconut.
note – if your base isn’t coming together add 1 – 2 tablespoons of coconut cream.
Photo credit – Rose Hewartson Photography