To My Precious Little Poppy Seed,
When I first discovered you this is how big the books said you were. The size of a poppy seed. Yet in my mind you are already a baby. I am holding you in my arms, I am feeding you, you are lying on my chest. You are happy and healthy and my heart is bursting.
I am not sure when I knew that you had found your way to me. Perhaps it was the day that I needed a sleep before I had even had my lunch, the day when my mood was unusually short.
That was the first sign.
Then I saw the two pink lines.
Those beautiful pink lines.
I knew right then that this time was different. That this time everything was going to be ok.
I am currently going through a mountain of tests and scans and sometimes I start to worry.
Your Dad looks at me, he says “You needn’t worry Polly, everything is fine”.
Your Dad is always right.
You are due on the 27th of August.
The same birth date as a girl I have loved for as long as I can remember.
I consider this a lucky omen.
So my precious, perfect Poppy Seed. I love you already. Every thought is of you. I am smiling from the inside out. Yesterday I was told I was glowing and although I know it is just my new tinted moisturiser I am happy to let you take the credit.
Because whether or not it is showing on the outside, I am indeed glowing.
I am not going to say I can’t wait to meet you, because I can, and part of me feels that we are already acquainted.
My ‘I’ is now ‘Us’ and I am going to enjoy the time that I have you all to myself, before you enter the world and I share you with our friends and family who will adore you.
They too will think you are a precious, perfect, little Poppy Seed.
I am not going to say stay safe little one. Because I know you are safe.
So I will just say that I love you and that this journey, this life that we will share, it is going to be great fun! Thank you for finding your way to me.
Choc Topped Almond Butter Bars
- 6 tablespoons almond butter
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, liquid
- 3 tablespoons honey*
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almonds, roughly crushed**
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, liquid
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Start by making the bars. Place the ingredients into a bowl or jug and mix to combine. Pour the mixture into a silicon loaf pan and place in the fridge or freezer to set.
- Once set mix together the ingredients for the chocolate and spread the chocolate over the slice. Place in the fridge or freezer to set.
- Slice. Serve. Eat and enjoy.
*you can sub the honey with rice malt if you prefer.
**I place the almonds into a snap lock bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- ensure your coconut oil isn’t heated when making the chocolate.
- I pop the bars into the freezer for 20 minutes prior to slicing.
- you may prefer to slice the bars with the chocolate on the bottom.