Choc Minty Matcha Cheesecake
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 10 Natural Delights® Medjool dates, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons cacao
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/3 cup honey*
- handful frozen spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- Place the base ingredients into your food processor and blend at high speed until the mixture resembles a fine crumb. Press the mixture firmly into a round, 18cm spring form pan and set aside.
- Place all of the ingredients for the top layer, excluding the coconut oil, into your processor and blend at high speed until the mixture is smooth and well combined. Add the oil and blend to combine. Pour the mixture over the base and place the cake into the fridge or freezer to set.
- To decorate drizzle the set cake with melted dark chocolate if desired.
*you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.
We also made some Natural Delights® Medjool date Spiders which took minutes to whip up and were devoured by my little people. Simply halve the dates, remove the seeds and drizzle lines across the date to make spider legs. Easy, fun and delicious.