Tomorrow morning when you wake take a moment before you strip off your clothes, go to the toilet and hop on the scales.
Take a moment and ask yourself: What does that number mean? Why does it matter?
Ask yourself: Do I feel well? Do I feel healthy? Do I feel happy?
Ask yourself: Does this morning ritual bring you joy? Does it add value to your life?
Perhaps even try giving it a miss for a day or two.
Perhaps try getting comfortable in your skin exactly as you are right now.
Perhaps let the way you feel guide any changes you choose to make.
Perhaps try not judging yourself by a number or letting a number make or break your day.
Because that’s all it is, a number. It is not a key to happiness. It does not represent your self-worth. It’s a just a number and perhaps it’s a number that is worth forgetting.
Choc Mint Ice Cream
the ice cream
- 2 frozen bananas, chopped (approximately 300 grams)
- 1 tablespoon honey*
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 3 drops of food grade peppermint oil or 1/2 teaspoon natural peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (mine had naturally liquified)
- 2 tbs cacao or cocoa
- Place the ingredients for the chocolate in a small bowl and mix until smooth and well combined. Pour the chocolate into a silicon loaf tin or a hole of a silicon muffin tray and place it into the freezer to set.
- Place the ingredients for the ice cream into your processor and blend at high speed until the mixture is beginning to resemble an ice cream consistency.
- Remove the chocolate from the freezer. Do not worry if it has separated or isn’t completely set. It will still work perfectly! Roughly break it up and add it to the ice cream mixture. Pulse to combine.
- Serve. Eat. Enjoy.
*you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.
note – peel well ripened bananas prior to freezing.