I was planning on making our much loved Mint Slice Biscuits into a slice as I know many of you have done. I was half way through when a better offer came up. I rolled what I had into balls and headed out the door. When we returned we tasted and we loved. We also really liked the way they looked. There are simpler ways to whip up Choc Mint Bliss Balls but they just don’t have the visual appeal of these delicious little bites. We all really enjoyed our accidental creation and I hope you do too.
Choc Mint Bliss Balls
- the chocolate
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 10 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 2 tbs cacao or cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbs honey*
- 2 tbs coconut cream
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- Place the chocolate ingredients into your food processor and blend at high speed until the mixture resembles a fine sticky crumb. Use your hands to shape the mixture into three large balls. Place the balls onto a sheet of baking paper. Combine the balls to one and roll between two sheets of baking paper until the mixture is 3 – 5 mm thick. Place in the freezer while you make the mint layer.
- Place all of the mint ingredients except for the peppermint extract into your food processor and blend at high speed until the mixture resembles a thick paste. Add the extract. Quickly blend to combine.
- Use your hands to spread the mint layer evenly over the chocolate layer.
- Cut the mixture into strips and roll it into balls. Place in the fridge to set, I think they are best left overnight.
*you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.