I have shared a few versions of these cookies over the past month because we absolulty love them. This one is today’s favourite. I hope you enjoy them too.
Choc Chip Ginger Cookies
- 1 cup dry roasted cashews*
- 1 cup dry roasted almonds*
- 2 medjool dates, seeds removed (optional)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 50 grams 90% dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 175°C or 350°F. Line a tray with baking paper.
- Place the almonds, cashews and dates into your processor and blend at high speed until the mixture resembles a fine crumb. Add the maple syrup, almond butter, coconut oil, ginger, vanilla and salt and blend until the mixture is well combined and sticking together. Mix through the chocolate chips.
- Use your hands to press and shape the mixture into balls, place the balls onto the tray and gently flatten. Bake the cookies for 12 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before gently transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Eat and enjoy!
*dry roasted nuts are readily available from the supermarket.