This is the second last recipe in our bring the Golden Door Health Retreat into your home series. I loved this dish. It was everything I enjoy: warm, hearty and sustaining.
In the meantime enjoy your pie.
Individual Chicken asparagus and mushroom pies
Makes 6 pies
- 750ml cashew and leek sauce (see recipe below)
- 500grms chicken breast
- 1tbls lemon juice
- 200grms mushrooms
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 200grms chopped celery and carrots
- 70grm chopped baby spinach
- 2tsp fresh chopped herbs (parsley, thyme, lemon myrtle)
- ¼ tsp chilli (optional)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 medium sweet potato cooked and mashed as topping
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In batches of 250 grms pan sear the chicken with the lemon juice until lightly seared, remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same pan sauté mushrooms, celery, carrots, chilli and asparagus with a little water, approximately 2tbls for 5 minutes. Add chicken, herbs and spinach to the pan with cashew and leek sauce. Combine all together, cover and cook in hot oven 180°C for approximately 10 mins.
- Remove and transfer mix into 6 separate ramekins and spoon sweet potato mash over the top.
- Bake in hot oven, 200°C for 15 mins, turn off heat and allow pies to stand for 10 mins. Serve and enjoy.
Cashew and leek sauce
- Makes 750mls
- 800mls with pumpkin
- 2 Tbls per serving size
- 250grms of chopped leeks(white part only)
- 30grm roasted garlic
- 50grms cashew nuts or macadamia
- 500mls oat milk or malt free soy or chicken stock
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2tsp trocomare
- Sauté in a little water or stock (approx. 3 tbls) the leeks, garlic, trocomare and nuts add S&P and cook for 10 mins or until soft and translucent. Place all ingredients including oat milk or chicken stock in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Option to change content of sauce add 100grms of pumpkin to leek and sauté as instructed