This is the second last recipe in our bring the Golden Door Health Retreat into your home series. I loved this dish. It was everything I enjoy: warm, hearty and sustaining.
We are currently giving away a fabulous three day stay at Golden Door over on our Facebook Page, be sure to check it out.
In the meantime enjoy your pie.
Individual Chicken asparagus and mushroom pies
Makes 6 pies
- 750ml cashew and leek sauce (see recipe below)
- 500grms chicken breast
- 1tbls lemon juice
- 200grms mushrooms
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 200grms chopped celery and carrots
- 70grm chopped baby spinach
- 2tsp fresh chopped herbs (parsley, thyme, lemon myrtle)
- ¼ tsp chilli (optional)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 medium sweet potato cooked and mashed as topping
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In batches of 250 grms pan sear the chicken with the lemon juice until lightly seared, remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same pan sauté mushrooms, celery, carrots, chilli and asparagus with a little water, approximately 2tbls for 5 minutes. Add chicken, herbs and spinach to the pan with cashew and leek sauce. Combine all together, cover and cook in hot oven 180°C for approximately 10 mins.
- Remove and transfer mix into 6 separate ramekins and spoon sweet potato mash over the top.
- Bake in hot oven, 200°C for 15 mins, turn off heat and allow pies to stand for 10 mins. Serve and enjoy.
Cashew and leek sauce
- Makes 750mls
- 800mls with pumpkin
- 2 Tbls per serving size
- 250grms of chopped leeks(white part only)
- 30grm roasted garlic
- 50grms cashew nuts or macadamia
- 500mls oat milk or malt free soy or chicken stock
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2tsp trocomare
- Sauté in a little water or stock (approx. 3 tbls) the leeks, garlic, trocomare and nuts add S&P and cook for 10 mins or until soft and translucent. Place all ingredients including oat milk or chicken stock in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Option to change content of sauce add 100grms of pumpkin to leek and sauté as instructed
Rate this recipe
Based on 5 Review(s)