I am finding it hard to write because I want my online space to not only be real, but also to be happy. It’s not that I’m unhappy, but I’m certainly struggling.
I’m thrilled to be pregnant and wouldn’t change it for anything, but the journey to holding my little one is proving very difficult.
The sickness is hanging around and now I’m also exhausted beyond anything I have ever known. I have a headache that won’t go away. I fight insomnia and restless legs most nights and get little done in my days. This combination is leaving me irritable, short tempered and it’s fair to say I’m not especially enjoying myself at the moment.
On top of this I’m eating too much and doing zero exercise – which is a post of its own.
The things that typically matter to me are out the window and I’m just surviving. Getting through today and hoping tomorrow I will feel a little better.
Some days I do and the relief is priceless. But it’s short lived.
I feel bad for whinging. I sound ungrateful and I’m not ungrateful. I’m blessed and I know it will all be worth it.
The sleepless nights, the headaches, the sickness, the weight gain, the laziness, the short temper, the fatigue: it will all be forgotten the second my precious baby is placed in my arms.
Chewy Caramel Cookies
- 1 cup macadamias
- 10 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 175°C or 350°F
- Place the ingredients into your food processor and blend at high speed until the mixture is smooth, well combined and sticking together.
- Shape the mixture into cookies using your hands or roll the mixture between sheets of baking paper and cut out with a cookie cutter. Place the cookies onto a lined baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Turn the tray half way through the cooking time.
- Remove from the oven and leave on the tray for 15 minutes before gently transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Eat and enjoy!