To the Man I have Never Met,
Right now you are standing in a space that no-one wants to stand.
Right now you are fighting for your wife, for yourself and for your babies. All seven of them.
Right now you are experiencing something that I do not have the courage to even imagine.
Right now there are so many of us praying for you and yours.
We are all hoping your wife pulls through and that the nightmare you are living ends with you all being together. With you holding your wife and your wife holding your children.
Saying sorry feels feeble, weak and inadequate and yet it is all I have.
I am sorry.
For you, for your wife and for your children.
I will read your updates and I will continue to hope and to pray that tomorrow brings the news you long to hear.
I will keep you in my thoughts.
Cherry Ripe Muffins
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 tablespoons cacao or cocoa
- 5 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup cherries*
- Preheat oven to 175°C or 350°F.
- Pour the coconut into a medium mixing bowl, add the coconut cream. Mix to combine and set aside as you grease 8 holes of a muffin pan and get your ingredients.
- Add the almond meal to the coconut mixture. Combine.
- Add the cacao or cocoa and sugar. Combine.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and salt. Combine.
- Add the cherries and gently mix them through.
- Spoon the mixture into your prepared muffin holes.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tray for 15 minutes before gently transferring to a cooling rack.
- Eat and enjoy.
*frozen is fine. If using fresh be sure to remove the stems and seeds.