I was going to write this for all the square pegs, the twisted branches, the blots in the landscape and the fishes out of water.
But when I sat down to make a start I thought maybe that’s all of us.
Maybe, at one time or another, we all feel like we don’t quite fit and we are getting it wrong. Like we are misunderstood, lost, or at the very least, struggling to find our way.
Maybe we all have moments where we think we are out of place, out of sync and out of touch.
But maybe that’s just us. Maybe that’s just how we see ourselves and perhaps all those who we consider to be cruising through this game of life are feeling exactly the same. Maybe they too have moments of self doubt and insecurity. Maybe they too have moments of questioning their place and their purpose.
Perhaps the best we can do is embrace who we are; sit with our down days, laugh at our quirks and own our craziness.
Maybe the best we can do is realise that no-one fits in, that there is no normal and to celebrate all that it is that makes us who we are.
Cherry Fudge Chocolates
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup frozen pitted cherries
- 200 grams dark chocolate, melted
- Place the cashews into a bowl and cover with hot water. Soak the cashews in the water while you gather the remaining ingredients.
- Drain the cashews and place them into your processor. Blend the cashews to a paste (when pressed between two fingers it shouldn’t feel gritty).
- Add the coconut, maple syrup, vanilla, salt and frozen cherries and blend the mixture until it is smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the holes of a silicon mini muffin mould and place in the freezer overnight.
- Remove the fudge from the freezer and use two forks to dip them into the melted chocolate. Place the dipped fudge onto a tray lined with baking paper and return to the fridge or freezer to set and to store.
- Eat and enjoy.