It was our Wedding Anniversary the other day.
I completely forgot.
Not a little bit forgot. Not remembered a bit late forgot. Just flat out, one hundred percent, completely forgot.
My husband handed me a card and I thought “Isn’t that lovely, a card for no reason at all!”
It didn’t trigger a thing.
Then I opened the card.
Then my Mum came in and said “Happy Wedding Anniversary.”
Then I shrunk a little.
So my man, today I wanted to say thank you for being the type of guy who doesn’t mind if I forget wedding anniversaries and birthdays.
Thank you for being the type of guy who fills in my many spaces.
Thank you for being the type of guy who takes my problems and fixes them.
Thank you for being the quiet place to rest my head when the noise of the world becomes more than I can bear.
Thank you for being the type of guy who is ok with loving a crazy, emotional, unpredictable, chaotic, and dare I say it, somewhat hopeless lady.
But a lady who thinks you’re great.
Happy belated Wedding Anniversary.
Blend and Bake Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and quartered (350 grams)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, liquid
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 175°C or 350°F. Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper. My measures 19.5cm x 9.5cm.
- Place the bananas, maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon, vanilla and salt into your processor and blend until the mixture is smooth and well combined. Add the coconut flour and eggs and blend again to combine. Add the baking powder and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and bake for 55 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out cleanly. Remove from the oven and leave the bread in the tin for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Slice. Serve. Eat. Enjoy.