Over ripe bananas.
I love over ripe bananas.
Here are some of my favourite ways to use them:
And lastly, the Bread. We have been making it for years and we all love it! I hope you enjoy it too.
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and quartered
- 10 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons almond butter*
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- squeeze of lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 175° or 350°F. Grease and line your loaf tin. Mine measures 19.5cm x 9.5cm.
- Place the bananas, dates, nut butter, salt and cinnamon into your processor and blend until the mixture is smooth and well combined. Add the coconut flour and eggs and mix to combine. Add the bicarb and lemon juice and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin. Bake for 45 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out cleanly. Leave the loaf in the tin to cool for five minutes before gently transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Slice. Serve. Eat and enjoy!
* you can sub the almond butter with hulled tahini to make this nut free.