This recipe is in this book and I have been meaning to share it here for a very long time! I have received a lot of great feedback suggesting that many of you are enjoying these breakfast bars just as much as we do. If you try them out be sure to let me know what you think.
Banana Bread Breakfast Bars
- 1 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 ripe banana, peeled and quartered (approximately 300 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 180°C or 350°F. Grease and line a 20cm cake tin with baking paper overhanging the sides for easy removal.
- Place the ingredients into your processor and blend at high speed until the mixture resembles a batter. You may find it works best if you process the cashews and coconut at high speed then add the remaining ingredients and process again.
- Pour the mixture into your tin and smooth over the top. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before gently transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Slice. Serve. Eat and enjoy!