Chocolate and Walnut Brownie
- 2 cups walnuts
- 18 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, soft
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, liquid
- 6 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- Preheat your oven to 180°C or 350°F. Grease and line a square 20cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Place the ingredients for the brownie into your processor and blend at high speed until it is broken down and resembling a sticky crumb. Press the mixture firmly into your prepared tin and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the brownie from the oven and set aside to cool in the tin.
- Once the brownie has cooled, place the topping ingredients into a bowl and mix to combine. Pour the topping over the brownie and place the brownie in the fridge to set.
Makes 16 pieces.
note – this is delicious cooked or raw and I suggest trying both versions to see which you prefer. For the raw version omit the baking and jump straight to setting in the fridge or freezer. Once sliced the brownie can be stored and eaten directly from the fridge or freezer.
If you are enjoying the recipes be sure to check out the books. I hope you find something you love! B x