Baked Chocolate and Walnut Brownie
- 2 cups walnuts
- 18 Natural Delights® Pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, soft
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, liquid
- 6 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- Preheat your oven to 180°C or 350°F. Grease and line a square 20cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Place the ingredients for the brownie into your processor and blend at high speed until it is broken down and resembling a sticky crumb. Press the mixture firmly into your prepared tin and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the brownie from the oven and set aside to cool in the tin.
- Once the brownie has cooled, place the topping ingredients into a bowl and mix to combine. Pour the topping over the brownie and place the brownie in the fridge to set.
Makes 16 pieces.
note – once sliced, the brownie can be stored and eaten directly from the fridge
If you are enjoying the recipes I would be thrilled if you had a minute to check out the books.
I am sharing this recipe in collaboration with the wonderful people from Natural Delights.