I have a very fussy almost two year old. He is constantly changing his mind on what he will eat and drink, and some days he really cannot work out what he wants. One bite of an apple, nope, that’s not it. He peels a banana, no, that won’t do. Licks a cracker, spits out his cherry tomato, throws his cucumber, and then goes back to the fridge. When we get to this point, I whip up our baked banana custard; he will happily eat one or even two full serves of this, every single time. My daughter also loves it, but as long as there isn’t too much spice I always seem to score one million out of one million from her.
Wholefood Simply Baked Banana Custard
- 2 (300 grams) ripe bananas
- 4 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 270ml (1 cup) of full fat coconut milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 175°C or 350°F.
- Place the ingredients into your processor in the order listed above and blend at high speed until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Place four ramekins onto an oven tray, pour the mixture evenly into the ramekins allowing room for the mixture to rise whilst cooking. Place the tray of ramekins into your oven and cook for 35 to 40 minutes or until the custards are nicely golden.
- Serve. Eat. Enjoy!
note – these are perfect hot or cold.
Rate this recipe
Baked Banana Custard
Based on 69 Review(s)