We love holiday breakfasts at our place. Well, actually, we love breakfast everyday but holidays get us out of the same same mode we tend to fall into during the school term. This recipe is perfect for breakfasts, snacks and desserts. It takes only minutes to whip up, is truly delicious and it is a perfect way to use up over ripe bananas. Enjoy.
A Bowl of Banana Bread
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 teaspoons honey*
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- Place the banana into a medium sized heat proof bowl and mash.
- Add the almond butter, honey, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and mix to combine.
- Add the almond meal and mix to combine.
- Microwave for 3 minutes, checking half way and stirring if desired.
- Allow to cool slightly before tucking in.
*you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.
note – if you would prefer to bake this in the oven I would suggest cooking it at 175°C or 350°F for 25 – 30 minutes.