I’m well and truly in Mum mode. I’m spending my days doing nothing more than lying on the couch reading with my son, walking around the block with his hand in mine, sitting at the bench together eating snacks and watching him as he rides his bike and plays with the neighbour’s cat.
This truly is the extent of my days.
I do not recall ever feeling so exhausted and even as I write those words, I know too well that in six month’s time I will consider the fatigue I feel now a good day.
I’m one of the few people who do not find exercise energising. In everyday life this is manageable. I’ve reached a stage in my pregnancy where I can drag myself out the door and around the block (at three year old pace) but I then spend the remainder of the day counting the minutes until bedtime.
I have been wondering if, to a certain extent, this is how it is meant to be. Perhaps those pregnancy hormones are aiming to make me feel so zonked that I just want to lax out with my family and do nothing more.
I learnt years ago that it is better to listen to my body and my intuition than it is to fight or ignore it. So that’s what I’m doing. I’m hoping that energy and motivation will return, but if not, I will have no concerns about not having enough one on one time with my beautiful boy before our precious little baby arrives.
4 Ingredient Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 10 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and quartered (approximately 300 grams)
- 3 tablespoons cacao or cocoa
- 3 cups almond meal
- Preheat your oven to 175°C or 350°F. Grease the holes of a mini muffin tray. I made 16
- Place the dates and banana into your processor and blend at high speed until the mixture is smooth and very well combined. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until the mixture is well combined and resembling a thick, chocolate cake batter.
- Spoon the mixture into your prepared tray, press the mixture down into the holes and smooth over the top. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for 15 minutes before gently transferring to a cooling rack.
- Eat and enjoy.