To my precious, perfect babies,
Each morning when I see your faces, when Lu gives me her gentle kiss and Eamon lunges on me, I take a moment to thank the universe for you both. Without conscious thought my mind wonders how this came to be, how this happened to me? I wonder how I came to be loved by such a delightful little girl and an affectionate little boy. By two gorgeous children who are nothing short of perfect for me.
Watching you play together and seeing the love between you, hearing you speak each other’s name and knowing you miss each other in the short time you spend apart warms me from the inside out.
You fit together perfectly.
Lu, Eamon gives you the courage and strength to explore your fears.
Eamon, Lu gives you the freedom and tools you need to grow and to learn.
Lu, Eamon makes you laugh louder and Eamon, Lu shows you the beauty in quieter times.
You are the sun in each other’s day.
The music in each other’s song.
The colour in each other’s picture.
Soon your little group of two will grow. Soon there will be three precious faces greeting me each morning.
Soon there will be someone else to teach you both new things. Who will open your eyes and your mind to aspects of this world and aspects of yourselves that you had never seen and never thought.
Soon there will be someone else to make your sun shine brighter, your music sound clearer and your colours appear more vibrant than ever before.
Bringing our new baby into the world is an exciting adventure for all of us and it is one that will last a lifetime. I can’t wait to share it with you both.
Here’s to all this year will bring and all that you have already brought to me and to each other.
Loving you always my precious babies.
3 Ingredient Banana Pudding
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and halved (the flesh of mine weighed 500 grams)
- 4 tablespoons almond butter / spread
- 4 medjool dates, seeds removed
- Preheat your oven to 175°C or 350°F
- Place the ingredients into your food processor and blend at high speed until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Pour the mixture evenly into four ramekins.
- Sit the ramekins onto a tray and bake the puddings in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until they are golden and an inserted skewer comes out cleanly.