Sweet chocolate, nutty, caramelly goodness that takes me back to being a kid. It is inspired by the foil wrapped baked bananas we had on very special occasions! Tucking into a bowl of this for breakfast is sure to get your day off to a grand start! Also perfect for snacks and desserts. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
5 Minute Baked Banana Bowls
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 4 medjool dates, seeds removed, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons cacao or cocoa powder or 20 grams roughly chopped dark chocolate
- 4 teaspoons nut butter (peanut butter or almond spread)*
- 4 teaspoons crushed nuts (peanuts and walnuts both work well)
- Use a bowl or large mug.
- Layer 1 sliced banana, scatter over 2 of the dates, dollop with two teaspoons of the nut butter, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the cacao or cocoa or half of the chocolate.
- Repeat the layer.
- Sit the bowl or mug onto a larger plate and microwave the mixture for 3 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly and tuck in.
*to make this nut free sub the nut butter with hulled tahini and the crushed nuts with sunflower seeds.